Instruction to Authors
Aims & Scope: Caspian Journal of Scientometrics is under the control of Vice Chancellor for Research and Technology in Babol University of Medical Sciences. The Journal aims to provide a platform for scientific exchange in the field of scientometrics and scientific cooperation between national and international researchers in the field of scientometrics. This Biannually Journal is published in Persian. Therefore, professors, scholars and writers are asked to submit the papers based on following style.
Submission: The manuscript has to be submitted online via our online submission service http://cjs.mubabol.ac.ir. Each manuscript must be accompanied by a covering letter to the Editor in Chief, signed by all authors, stating that the authors wish to have their paper evaluated for publication in the Caspian Journal of Scientometrics and that no substantial part has been, or will be published elsewhere.
1- Articles must be written based on Persian rules and grammars and applying the foreign words is forbidden as possible.
2- This Journal accepts original article, review article, case report and letter to Editor-in-Chief.
3- Manuscript should include Title page, English and Persian Abstract (up to 250 words), Keywords, Introduction, Materials & Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgement (if need), References and Attachments (figures, tables, questionnaires and pictures). Each main section must be written in new page and numbered sequentially in the bottom left of the page.
4- Review articles are accepted from people who have enough experience and a thorough insight of a particular topic, with reference to the acceptable number of published articles by the authors. Review articles should have at least 30 references. Authors should use at least 3-5 references of their own prior works.
5- Articles style must be based on Tehran Convention (2003). Manuscript should be typed in double space (1.2 cm) on one side of the A4 size paper with 2.5 cm margins on both sides. Manuscript should be typed in Microsoft Word 2007 or newer. English and Persian texts should be submitted in Times New Roman font, 12 point type and in Mitra font 12, respectively.
6- Abbreviation words and phrases should be mentioned as the full name for the first of usage.
1- Manuscript title (English & Persian) must be covered the research and typed in Bold.
2- Author and/or authors' name/s, their highest academic degrees (MD, PhD...), academic rank and department/s must be written after title.
3- Affiliations of author/s including Department, School, University or Research Center must be completely mentioned in submitted paper.
4- The complete address of corresponding author in Persian is submitted in the first page for scientific contact. This address includes telephone numbers, zip code, e-mail and Fax number.
5- The manuscript should contain Running title (maximum 50 characters) in the top of each page.
6- If the paper is an approved project of University, the project number, the letters signed by Research Deputy or affiliated institution must be presented to publish the articles in this Journal.
Abstract: All original articles must accompany a structured abstract from 150 to 250 words. It should be structured as Background & Aim, Materials & Methods, Results and Conclusion followed by 3 to 5 Keywords in English and Persian. It is worthy to mention that English abstract must be completely in accordance with Persian one.
Introduction: This should summarize the purpose and the rationale for the study with references. The introduction should be written in such a way that the content is updated and is clearly noticeable.
Materials and Methods:
1- Kind of research, selection of samples and the related controls must be carefully explained in this Journal.
2- The way of collecting data and its analysis are completely described.
1- It must be presented in the form of text, tables and illustrations. The contents of the tables should not be all repeated in the text.
2- Tables and graphs should be included expressive title, time and place of the implementation of the study in Persian.
3- Tables and graphs should be submitted in limited numbers (up to 5) and in size fewer than 10´15cm.
4- Tables should be submitted with the captions placed above. Figures, curves, illustrations and pictures should be presented in limited numbers as shown sequentially in text, with high quality art work and mounted on separate pages. The captions of them should be placed below. Place explanatory matters in footnotes with signs (such asë, #…) not in the heading.
1- Start the first paragraph by answering the question.
2- Compare the findings of the research to those of Iran and other countries (with reference) and discuss the rejection and acceptation of their reasons.
3- Avoid repeating the findings and results not mentioned in findings.
4- Shun explaining the findings not mentioned in findings.
5- Consider the limitations of research and its generalization.
6- Finish the paper with clear conclusion and not exceed the results of research.
7- Propose further suggestion in this section.
Acknowledgement: All contributors who do not meet the criteria for authorship should be covered in the acknowledgement section. It should include persons who provided technical help, writing assistance and departmental head who only provided general support. Financial and material support should also be acknowledged.
- References should be numbered consecutively with Vancouver style.
- Published articles in Caspian Journal of Scientometrics (related to research) must be used as reference as much as possible.
- References should be numbered sequentially in the text, and then written consequently on a separate page at the end of the paper as following.
Persian Journal: Last name and first letter of author/s, whole title of paper, Journal name, volume, number, published year and page number (translated into English).
Persian Book: Last name and first letter of author/s, whole title of book, place of publication, publisher's name, published year and page number used in article (translated into English).
Ihab ES, Ola AM, Wafa EM. Passive smoking and lower respiratory tract illness in children. East Mediterr Health J 1997; 3(3): 425-34.
International Journal (Internet Address):
Bijani KH, Moghadamnia AA, Islami Khalili E.. Intravenous magnesium sulfate as an adjunct to the treatment of severe asthmatic patients not responding to the conventional therapy. Pulmonology 2003; 6(13): 221-4. Available at: http://www.pulmonology.ru/cnt-03-6.htm.
These rules are regarded in Persian Journals (translated into English), too.
Journal names should be abbreviated as in the Index Medicus for example New England Journal of Medicine is mentioned as N Eng J Med.
Please list the first three authors for each reference and then et al, unless there are
six authors or fewer, in which case all authors should be listed.
Harvet RA, Champe PC. Pharmacology, 2nd ed, London, J.B. Lippincott Co 1997; pp: 83-95.
Part of a book:
- The author or authors of the respective chapters, title of chapter, title of the book, the editors, the edition number of the book, place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication and number of pages (translated into English).
- The style of writing resources for Persian and foreign books is the same.
- Peer review Process: All manuscripts are considered to be confidential. They are peer reviewed by anonymous reviewers selected by the Editorial Board. The corresponding author is notified as soon as possible of the editor decision to accept, reject, or require modifications. If the Journal style is not regarded, the article is rejected as soon as received.
- If the number of author is more than one, it is necessary to submit the paper accompanied with statement signed by all authors and their consent form of names priority.
- The name of financial support institution should also be expressed.
- The numbers of reference citations at the end of research should be coincide with the cited numbers in the text. The number of figures and tables in the text and references must be the same.
- Unpublished the submitted articles previously published elsewhere.
- Not be welcomed single-author article except review paper. The names of all participants of paper must be mentioned according to the idea of all authors.
- Suggested publishing the regional articles in related region.
- Reserved the right to accept, reject, correct and edit the article in any stage and any time by the Editorial Board of the journal.
- Not be given back the submitted article.
- Quotations from any article published herein are permitted as long as proper reference is clearly made to the Caspian Journal of Scientometrics as the original source and by Editor-in-Cheif.
- All copy rights preserved to the publisher in this Journal.
- The manuscript has to be submitted online via our online submission service http://cjs.mubabol.ac.ir. At first, register and complete all phases of sending articles in the site of Journal. Then send the paper in three files 1-prerequisite form 2- original file 3-anonymous file according to the format of Caspian Journal of Scientometrics.