[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: year 4, Issue 1 (9-2017) ::
CJS 2017, 4(1): 17-25 Back to browse issues page
Factors Associated with the Research Anxiety among Faculties of Knowledge and Information Science Departments of Iranian Universities
Nazanin Mohamad Romezpoor , Fariba Nazari , Behnam Makvandi
Department of Knowledge and Information Science, Ahvaz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Ahvaz, Iran.
Abstract:   (1786 Views)
Background and aim: The present study was conducted to determine the factors associated with the research anxiety among the faculties of knowledge and information science departments of Iranian universities.
Material and methods: The study sample consisted of all full-time faculties working in the knowledge and information science departments of Iranian universities (181 individuals) in the academic year of 2013-2014. Among them, 139 participants had good cooperation in filling out the questionnaire. In this survey-analytical study, data were collected using Higgins-Kotrlik research anxiety inventory. Data were analyzed using SPSS 20.
Findings: The results showed that about 63% of the respondents had high anxiety level and the remaining (37%) had the moderate level of anxiety. The results of the correlation tests revealed that two predictor variables of teaching skills and environmental factors had a negative significant relationship with the research anxiety. The results of the regression analysis indicated that the components of these two variables could explain 38% of the variance of anxiety research.
Conclusion: The findings illustrated that an anxiety can negatively affect the productivity of faculty members, leading to their slow improvement. It is clear that continuing such a situation may result in scientific recession in high education system; therefore, this system cannot continue to serve effectively its performance, namely, education and research in society.

Keywords: Research anxiety, Teaching skills, Professional environment, Knowledge and Information Science Department
Full-Text [PDF 697 kb]   (216 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Orginal | Subject: Scientometrics
Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

CAPTCHA code



XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Mohamad Romezpoor N, Nazari F, Makvandi B. Factors Associated with the Research Anxiety among Faculties of Knowledge and Information Science Departments of Iranian Universities. CJS. 2017; 4 (1) :17-25
URL: http://cjs.mubabol.ac.ir/article-1-119-en.html


year 4, Issue 1 (9-2017) Back to browse issues page
Caspian Journal of Scientometric
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.05 seconds with 30 queries by YEKTAWEB 3742